Motorsport News - Sportscar
FIA World Endurance Championship debuts at Silverstone
10th August 2012
- 37 entries for the Silverstone round of WEC
- Free paddock and pit walk access
- Kids go free*
Silverstone Circuit is gearing up to host the fourth round of the 2012 FIA World Endurance Championship on 24 26 August. The 6 Hours of Silverstone will see 37 endurance vehicles line-up on the grid, with 23 Le Mans (LM) prototypes and 14 Grand Touring Endurance (GTE) entries, making the event Britains biggest sportscar race of the year.
Seven British teams and no less than sixteen British drivers will be competing, including Sportscar World Champion and F1 commentator Martin Brundle, BRDC SuperStar Alex Brundle, former Le Mans 24 Hours Champion David Brabham and one of the most highly rated sportscar drivers in the world and points leader in the FIA World Endurance Drivers Championship Allan McNish. The Brits are now counting down until they go head-to-head with some of the best endurance drivers in the world, in front of a passionate home crowd.
Hosted out of the iconic Silverstone Wing, the circuits state-of-the-art pit and paddock facility, Silverstone is opening up this impressive new paddock to all ticket holders on Saturday and Sunday. Bringing fans closer to the action, a free pit walk and autograph session will also be running on Sunday, giving fans unprecedented access to the famous endurance drivers and an insiders view of the WEC garages.
Off-track a host of entertainment will be on offer for all members of the family, including;
- Stunt Shows from Team Extreme
- Aerial Displays The Aerostars Air Display Team and the Red Devils Parachute Display Team will be taking to the skies over the Home of British Motor Racing
- The Top Gear Experience using simulation technology fans will have the chance to virtually climb into the likes of a Bugatti Veyron driven by the Stig
- Dodgems, Zorbing, Bungee Trampolines and other activities for younger members of the family
With all the entertainment on offer over the weekend, coupled with Silverstones kids go free* pricing policy, the Northamptonshire circuit is expecting a bumper crowd.
Richard Phillips, Managing Director of Silverstone Circuits Limited, said, With the return of the World Endurance Championship to the motor sport calendar, were delighted Silverstone are able to offer fans a chance to see these endurance sportscars in action. With plenty of on-track action and stunning machinery guaranteed, were completing the package with a host of exhilarating off-track entertainment, making the weekend one not to be missed.
Advance tickets start from just 15, For further information, or to book tickets, visit www.silverstone.co.uk or call 0844 3728 260.
* Kids go free: Child tickets are for children aged 15 years and under at the time of the Event. Children using a child ticket must be accompanied by a full paying adult. Each full paying adult may bring up to a maximum of four children.
11th May 2013
29th April 2013
17th April 2013
19th March 2013
7th February 2013
6th January 2013more client news...
Search all Racecar clients